Project Management Professional Certification (PMP®) Bootcamp - Information Session
Do you manage projects, or want to become a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®)? The PMP® credential is the most widely accepted project certification in the world and the framework on which it is based has set the standard for the project management profession for over 25 years.
We are glad to announce that you now have access to 100% online Project Management Professional Certification (PMP®) Bootcamp. This course provides Project Managers with the knowledge and skills needed to master the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide Sixth Edition and attain the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification. This course is intended to enhance your project experience with global terminology and the proven framework for leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
The Project Management Institute PMBOK® consists of forty-nine project processes within five process groups and ten knowledge areas. This course will cover these processes in a logical, sequential, and effective way to quickly and effectively prepare learners for the PMP Certification Exam.
Requirements for Course Completion:
It is recommended to spend approximately 80 - 100 hours in exam preparation. This include:
1. 15 hours of pre-recorded bootcamps. These are 5 Pre-recorded bootcamp sessions, 3 hours each.
2. 35 hours of self-study recorded content.
Note: requirements 1&2 supplies 35 contact education hours necessary to apply for the PMP or CAPM (23 hours) exam.
3. Post-tests. For each course you complete, you take an online test to measure your learning.
4. Review of PMBOK Guide & the PowerPoint Slides content.
5. It is also recommended that you memorize the formulas and familiarize yourself with vocabulary in the PMBOK guide glossary.
6. Practice Exams. There is one PMP Practice exam to be taken after the completion of your preparation.
- This is a self-paced study certification, you can progress on your own pace, however, it is recommended to spread your preparation over a few months period and commit to at least 3 hours of study weekly.
- Participants will form “Learning Pods” and meet periodically to study together, discuss or ask questions. This is important to maintain the momentum and hold each other accountable for the learning.
- A suggested schedule can be provided upon signing up, as well as Pod members can put their own. This is 100% online program, so completing it can happen anytime and anywhere.
- Please discuss with your supervisor prior to making a decision on enrolling.
Certificate of Completion:
You will be able to download your certificate of completion from Percipio.
- Throughout your study period, you have access to ask a mentor through Percipio – direct chat for simple inquires, and email services for technical questions.
- Technical support is offered 24/7 in the event you need assistance with the online learning platform.
- We will establish group on Teams where participants can share their learning progress and motivate each other, meet or ask questions.
- The Learning Pods means you have access to support by colleagues. You can establish your own Pod!
If you are interested in taking certification program, please discuss with your supervisor and register for the online information session we will have on Friday August 7, at this link: https://events-tm.dal.ca/workshop.php?id=3468
There is a fee of $200 which will be charged to employee’s department via journal entry. Once you have obtained approval to register, please forward your budget code to email@example.com
If you can’t attend the information session but still want to take the journey, please register at the above line and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a different time.