New Employee Orientation
September 29, 2022
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
WELCOME TO DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY!
Thank you for choosing Dalhousie as your employer.
You are invited to attend a virtual orientation session for faculty and staff new to the University. This is a great opportunity to meet new colleagues, learn more about the university and the resources that are available to you.
This event offers you an opportunity to become more familiar with the institution as well as to meet other employees, new and experienced. Guest speakers from various departments will share valuable and timely information relevant to your first few months at Dalhousie. In addition to providing you with an overview of the University, both as an educational institution and as an employer, you will be provided information on the numerous opportunities and services available to you as a member of the Dalhousie community.
Join us to discover more on:
- Our brand promise and how it relates to you as an employee
- Our direction: Dalhousie’s Strategic Focus
- Our community: overview of Dalhousie’s governance, faculties, programs, students, employees, etc.
- Available opportunities, resources, policies, and useful tips for new employees.
We look forward to meeting you at the session as you get established in your new role.
If you are unable to attend New Employee Orientation, there are resources on myDal for new employees.
For more information contact Learning & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BENEFITS INFO: Information regarding employee benefits will not be covered in detail during this orientation. If you have specific questions on any of the benefit programs, please refer to www.humanresources.dal.ca or contact Employee Benefits at 494-1122 or at email@example.com. Benefit Orientations sessions can be found on the Learning Calendar.
- ACADEMIC STAFF: The Centre for Learning and Teaching offers a 2-day academic staff orientation at the end of August, focused on teaching-related aspects and other academic matters. Faculty members attending the academic staff orientation are also encouraged to attend the HR session to receive University-wide information on the topics listed above, applicable to all employees. For more information on the academic staff orientation, contact the CLT (firstname.lastname@example.org 494-1622) or visit the CLT’s website (http://learningandteaching.dal.ca/).