Fostering a Growth Mindset
June 17, 2022
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Register here to be sent an invitation to the online meeting closer to the event.
Why are Accenture, Adobe, Deloitte, GAP, Microsoft, NASA, and over 100 of the Fortune 1000 companies all fostering a growth mindset? Because now their employees worry less about looking clever and put more energy into improving their ability to contribute to the organization.
Many employees today have a mostly Fixed Mindset. This leads them to hide mistakes and fail to learn from them, remain stuck in doing things the usual way, and see change as a major threat. Fostering a Growth Mindset helps them to learn from and reduce mistakes, to welcome the chance to innovate, and to embrace change as an interesting challenge.
You can greatly improve your own communication and collaboration with your employees, your peers, and your manager using the knowledge and techniques from this course.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Shift the focus from being good to getting better
- Use a collaborative conversation model to build trust
- Use the RAP process to embrace challenge and persist in the face of setbacks
- Enhance your own Growth Mindset and encourage it in others
- Listen actively to help people dig deep and tell you what they really think
- Understand that motivation comes from mastery
Of interest to:
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders who want to improve their skills in developing others.
- Executives who want to combine the new knowledge from research on the brain and the mind with leadership and management development.
Our Presenter: Eileen Pease is President of Dynamic Learning Inc., a company devoted to helping key people be more effective. As a facilitator she has led executive, supervisory, and management groups across Canada and the United States. Eileen loves to show people how they inadvertentlydeplete, but then can deliberately energize, their brains, particularly when they are at work.She has 30 years of experience teaching thinking and interpersonal skills in the workplace. Recently she tapped into the most recent research on brains-at-work to write the 2nd edition of her book “Get More Power from Your Brain”. In July 2015, Eileen was delighted to be awarded her *Certified Speaking Professional medal at the US National Speakers Association conference in Washington, DC, USA.