New Employee Orientation
February 23, 2018
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Room 523, Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB)(Hfx)*
*Videoconference available in Truro and Saint John (NB); details below
WELCOME TO DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY!
Thank you for choosing Dalhousie as your employer.
The Department of Human Resources invites all new employees (faculty, staff, Grant-paid, post-docs and temporary employees) to attend an orientation session on Friday, February 23, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon in room 523, Collaborative Health Education Building (corner of University Avenue and Summer Street).
This event offers you an opportunity to become more familiar with the institution as well as to meet other employees, new and experienced. Guest speakers from various departments will share valuable and timely information relevant to your first few months at Dalhousie. In addition to providing you with an overview of the University, both as an educational institution and as an employer, you will be provided information on the numerous opportunities and services available to you as a member of the Dalhousie community.
Join us to discover more on:
- Our brand promise and how it relates to you as an employee
- Our direction: Dalhousie’s Strategic Focus
- Our community: overview of Dalhousie’s governance, faculties, programs, students, employees, etc.
- Available opportunities, resources, policies, and useful tips for new employees.
We look forward to meeting you at the session as you get established in your new role.
For more information contact Learning & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 494-1115.
- VIDEOCONFERENCE: New employees from the Truro and Saint John (NB) locations are welcome to join us either in person OR by videoconference. If you're planning to attend by videoconference, please ensure you register for the correct location so that we can make the proper arrangements and confirm the details with you.
- BENEFITS INFO: Information regarding employee benefits will not be covered in detail during this orientation. If you have specific questions on any of the benefit programs, please refer to www.humanresources.dal.ca or contact Employee Benefits at 494-1122 or at email@example.com.
- ACADEMIC STAFF: The Centre for Learning and Teaching also offers a 2-day academic staff orientation at the end of August, focused on teaching-related aspects and other academic matters. Faculty members attending the academic staff orientation are also encouraged to attend the HR session to receive University-wide information on the topics listed above, applicable to all employees. For more information on the academic staff orientation, contact the CLT (firstname.lastname@example.org 494-1622) or visit the CLT’s website (http://learningandteaching.dal.ca/).