Leading Self: Resilience for Managers
December 6, 2017
1:00 - 4:30
Room 1009, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building
Are you tired of being tired? Burning the candle at both ends? Struggling with work-life balance?
This half-day workshop for managers and supervisors delivers the latest self-care science and provides an integrated and comprehensive approach, covering topics such as:
- Clarifying values and life purpose
- Reviewing threats to health and wellbeing including stress, too much sitting, poor sleep and obesity
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to making lifestyle changes
- Understanding and building resilience at work
- Clarifying the importance of positive intelligence
Using the integrated Self-Care Behaviour Change Model© including movement, nutrition, recovery, and habits
Here's what others have experienced from implementing the principles included in the Leading Self Workshop:
- More engagement with work and personal life
- Increased mental alertness and greater focus
- More resilience
- Improved work-life balance
- Higher levels of energy, fitness, and frequency of exercise
Participants will leave the workshop with a customized 90-day plan designed to improve their work and personal lives.
The Facilitator: The workshop will be led by Sean Hennessey, who has spent 32 years leading corporate change. Sean is a certified life coach (CPCC) and certified Level 3 athletic coach with a PhD from Dalhousie. Sean’s research interests focused on health and wellness, self-care, resilience, leadership and behaviour change. The workshop will focus on how your self-leadership choices can help you and the people you lead to thrive in both work and life. A one-day investment in this workshop will provide significant benefits.
Please complete short surveys which will be sent about one week prior to the course, and wear comfortable/loose clothing as you will be performing movement exercises at the workshop.